If you need to take medicines during the school day or if you may need to take medicines, your parent/carer must inform the school, which may require a letter of support from your doctor or hospital. In the case of long-term medication, parents/carers may be required to complete a form issued by the school nurse. With the exception of asthma inhalers, you may not carry medicines in school. Any medicines you need or may need must be left with the school nurse. The school nurse will not dispense tablets for pain relief unless the consent form has been completed by a parent/carer.