Are you a qualified counsellor or therapist experienced in child counselling?
Are you committed to supporting students and advising appropriately?
If so, you might be just the person we are looking for to join our Trust as a qualified School Counsellor. BSJT consists of Bushey Meads Secondary School, Little Reddings Primary School and Hartsbourne Primary School. This is a new role within our Trust and it is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to be part of developing the role from the outset where you will work across our 3 Trust schools supporting children from Years 1 to 13. You will work effectively with a diverse range of needs including transition, bereavement, eating disorders, self-harm, anxiety and many others and offer appropriate support, advice and guidance.
What we are looking for:
- A BACP registered counsellor/therapist or registration with another professional body
- Experience in counselling young people aged 6 – 18 years
- An understanding of mental health issues and the ability to develop therapeutic relationships
- Experience of supporting SEND students
- An individual with a calm and reassuring nature with a capacity for demanding work
- Someone with effective oral and written communication skills
Why choose our Trust?
- We offer training based on individual needs
- A supportive working environment
- Heavily subsidised childcare at our Little Gems Nursery
- Free gym membership to all employees across the Bushey St James Trust
- Transport links are excellent with the M1, M25, A1 and A41 being close by
The post is for 37 hours per week (excluding unpaid breaks), term-time + 1 week to include 5 INSET days. The salary for this post is APT&C points 19 – 26 plus London Fringe, paid pro-rata and based on experience. Full-time figures are £25,481pa – £30,451pa + £898pa fringe and the actual pro-rata salary range is £21,697pa – £25,929pa + £764pa fringe.
To apply for this post please send in a completed application form along with a covering letter, addressed to Mr J Turner, Executive Principal. Your completed application form and letter should be returned to the school by post or by email to: [email protected] by the deadline. Please note that CVs and late applications will not be accepted and you must have the right to work in the UK.
Closing Date for applications: Wednesday 14th April 2021 (10am)
Bushey St James Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An offer of employment will be subject to a number of pe-employment checks including ID and Right to Work in the UK, satisfactory written references, occupational health check and a successful Enhanced DBS check.