Are you a calm, confident, reliable person with a ‘can-do’ attitude?
Can you work as part of a dedicated team to support students with a range of learning needs?
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and dedicated person to work with and support students as a Targeted Support Officer within our specialist SEND department. Bushey Meads School provides education for the full ability range of students, including students with varying degrees of physical impairment. You will be delivering targeted literacy interventions to individual students and maximising their experience of learning.
What we are looking for:
- An individual who can develop and deliver targeted literacy intervention
- Someone with a confident understanding of working with young people
- A positive team player
- Someone with the ability to work well with teachers and students in the classroom
- Willingness to take an active and caring role with regards to the general welfare and attention to students’ physical needs within SEN in particular
Why choose our school?
- We offer support and training based on individual needs
- Teacher training is available to eligible candidates
- Transport links are excellent with the M1, M25, A1 and A41 being close by
- Heavily subsidised childcare at our Little Gems Nursery
- Free gym membership for all staff across the Bushey St James Trust
- Employee Assistance Programme for support and guidance on health, legal and personal matters
The post is for 37 hours per week (excluding unpaid breaks), term-time + 1 week to include 5 INSET days. In the first instance this is a fixed term post until 31st August 2023 with the possibility of extending. The salary is APT&C point 6-9 plus London Fringe, paid pro-rata. The actual pro-rata salary is £17,066pa-£18,110pa + £778pa.
To apply for this post please send in a completed application form along with a covering letter, addressed to Mr J Turner, Executive Principal. Your completed application form and letter should be returned to the school by post or by email to: [email protected] by the deadline. Please note that CVs and late applications will not be accepted and you must have the right to work in the UK.
Closing Date for applications: Tuesday 5th July 2022 (10am)
Bushey St James Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An offer of employment will be subject to a number of pe-employment checks including ID and Right to Work in the UK, satisfactory written references, occupational health check and a successful Enhanced DBS check.