Executive Principal’s Blog – 28.4.23 ‘Recognising Greatness’
I would like to thank all parents and carers and students for their ongoing support during these challenging times. It was encouraging to welcome a growing number of Year 11 and 13 students into school on yesterday’s strike day and hear of others continuing to work hard at home.
The same arrangements apply to next Tuesday’s strike day: Year 11 students should register and remain in the Learning Resource Centre and Year 13 students should register and remain in the Sixth Form Centre. For those staying at home, do encourage your children to complete as much work as possible on the many online learning platforms available.
This week we publish our next round of High Achiever Awards and recognise the continued greatness that is being inculcated in so many of the students in our care. This year alone we have awarded over 312 High Achievers – this represents 1 in 4 or 25% of students across our learning community. The reasons for the awards are inspiring and include the following citations:
- demonstrating exceptional performance
- hard work and determination
- an amazing work ethic and ongoing willingness to challenge himself
- demonstrating exemplary behaviour, commitment and active participation
- a significant improvement in behaviour and attitude to learning
- ongoing persistence in developing his mathematical understanding
- always going the extra mile and subsequently making impressive progress in MFL
- working to the best of his ability in every lesson; always contributing in class and extending his answers
- always pushing yourself to learn and succeed in every task
- exceptional STEM leadership, including his recent successful coding lesson at LRS where he taught year 4 pupils how to use Scratch – a testament to his remarkable dedication and expertise in STEM education
I would like to thank all the staff at BMS for inspiring the children in their care and for recognising this greatness in our students. It is inspiring to be part of this positive culture that encourages all children to Aspire to Achieve.
As always do click on the link to read this week’s BMS News highlighting some of the things that have been happening in our learning community this week.