Executive Principal’s Blog – 15.7.22: Ending on a High!
As we end another academic year as a learning community, we hope to welcome as many parents and carers as possible to our prestigious end of year Prize Giving Assemblies on the last two days of term to which all parents and carers are invited. Do check our recent communications for the timing of each year group assembly.
Our last full week has once again epitomised the really strong ethos of the school – to ensure that all our students enjoy their learning at BMS and really Aspire to Achieve. This week we have:
- facilitated another successful annual Secondary School Experience Week for all the Year 6 students in our Multi Academy Trust (irrespective of whether they are coming to Bushey meads in September)
- organised and supported four hugely successful year-group Sports Days
- been entertained by our talented drama students performing a ‘Star Wars – No Hope’ (a farce in one act) and the challenging abridged Shakespeare play ‘Much Ado About Nothing’
- hosted 230 Year 6 students for their Year 7 Transition Day on Thursday
- Facilitated an MFL Mini Olympic Event for local primary school children
- provided a GAP Task Card to all students in CDC time on Friday morning and made available our outstanding More Able Flair Booklet GUSTO, also available electronically via this link:
More Able 2020.21 Flair ‘Gusto’ Booklet
Grateful messages of thanks to all the staff at Bushey Meads continue to be communicated to the school and, at the end of a very long challenging and busy year, this feedback is extremely welcome. I would like to thank all the parents and carers for articulating their gratitude in this way; it means so much to the hard-working staff at BMS. A few examples related to our recent Making Memories Day are provided:
Thank you to everyone who arranged and ran the Enrichment day, Making memories. It must have been a huge task to coordinate but I know everyone had a great time and it really did give the children a chance to come off timetable completely and have a great day out. Year 9 Parent
Dear Mr Turner,
I’m writing to congratulate you and the staff behind the Making Memories day this week – I was so impressed with the diversity of activities on offer and how so many of them were either free or very low cost. It fed very well into what Mr Searle spoke about on Thursday at the GAP evening, in regards to the gap between pupils from advantaged and disadvantaged families etc. My son had a really great day doing the Maths Mash Up – thank you. Best Wishes Year 10 Parent
As parents and carers, do have a wonderful summer holiday, encourage your children to complete all their GAP tasks to be able to start the new academic year on a really positive note and don’t forget to click on the link to read about the rest of this week’s BMS News……..